Thursday 26th February was a busy day, not least because I’d signed up for two Webinars: one hosted by Citrix and the other as part of the Edinburgh Napier World of WebEx series.
Before I ‘pop’ to Iceland (not the shop, the country) for a few days, I thought I’d better blog a few details to remind me of the impact of both.
The Citrix-hosted webinar by David Smith of TMA World – ‘Turning Classroom Trainers into Online Facilitators’, click on the play button below for a recording and let me know if you can’t access it.
As a result of attending I took away the following ‘what next’ learning activities:
- Brain Rules – bought the book and will post a blog on my learning next week – look out for that one 🙂
- Citrix Interactions Blog – 5 brain-based rules for designing and delivering better learning – I’ll likely use these as a basis for future design
- Evidence-based Training Methods – still to explore but again – a blog is imminent
Edinburgh Napier University – Lunchtime Webinar by Stephen Robertson ‘Moodle on the Move’. Again click on the play button below for a recording, however I suspect this one might be trickier to access. Let me know.
Some thoughts by Stevie on hosting the webinar, as this was his first time and I appreciated the fact he shared his thoughts:
- I spent time with Kathryn on Tuesday going through the process and that was very useful. I still had a few moments of ‘what am I doing?’ but those were limited.
- Having a co-presenter was essential. That allowed me to focus on what I wanted to present rather than trying to deal with the house-keeping before and during the session.
- I found it exhausting. Without the visual clues of engagement that I’m used to in class, I found ‘talking to myself’ slightly disconcerting. I’ll need to try this a few times to see if that gets better.
- The chat-room was useful for me. It allowed me to take questions and get feedback. That was important to feel some connection. I’ll remember as a participant to use this to encourage the presenter.
- The technology is relatively simple. I was impressed at how easy it was to switch modes and, based on comments, you found that useful so that I could show examples.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Stevie
Citrix ‘Go To Training’ event: Turning Classroom Trainers into Online Facilitators: Thu, Feb 26, 2015 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM GMT
Edinburgh Napier University Academic professional development events: Thursday 26th Feb 2015, 12.30 – 13.15 GMT